Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
The 106 Group has an immediate opening in our St. Paul office for a full or part-time Community Engagement Specialist to join our Planning team. This position involves working collaboratively with others to develop strategies and conduct community, stakeholder, and tribal engagement for a broad range of projects in Minnesota and nationally. Job duties entail, but are not limited to, identifying stakeholders, developing engagement strategies, facilitating meetings and workshops, evaluation and analysis. Some travel is a requirement of this position.
The 106 Group offers a professional and friendly working environment with a wide range of interesting and challenging projects in the field of cultural resources management, planning, community engagement, and design. See www.106group.com for more information about our firm.
The ideal candidate will have consulting, government, and/or nonprofit experience. Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in communication, planning, cultural anthropology, cultural studies, environmental studies, or a closely related field, and at least two years of related work experience.
The successful applicant will support our public engagement, planning, interpretation, and cultural resources projects, and internal corporate needs, in the following areas: communications planning; development of meeting strategies and agendas; outreach; producing meeting notes and summaries; communications and deliverables tracking; meeting support and facilitation; etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience building relationships and conducting outreach with diverse communities.
- Experience working in underrepresented communities and communities of color.
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills and ability to complete tasks within assigned budget and schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Ability to adapt quickly, work well under pressure, and manage multiple tasks/priorities.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to reliably commute to 106 Group office and project locations.
Additional experience valued or preferred:
- Masters or Law degree.
- Knowledge of policy, law, planning, and cultural competency.
- Training in facilitation, conflict resolution, and organizational development.
- Professional or community involvement.
- Marketing experience.
- Foreign language experience.
- Ability to interpret and deliver visual solutions that meet project needs.
- Good working knowledge of current information technologies.
The 106 Group offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The minimum base full-time salary for this position is $46,000. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The minimum hourly wage for a part-time position is $22.00.
Complete web application with attached PDF resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills.
The 106 Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.