Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
106 Group is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager for our St. Paul office. The Proposal Manager is a member of our Development Group. They are responsible for leading, planning, and coordinating the development and delivery of high-quality proposals, from pre-solicitation to post-submission follow-up, within a fast-paced consulting company. The ideal candidate is an organized creative and strategic thinker, and a master communicator who can see the big picture without neglecting the details. This is a mid-level position with excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
106 Group offers a collaborative and friendly working environment with a wide range of interesting and challenging projects in the field of cultural resources management, cultural heritage planning, and interpretation and exhibit design. See www.106group.com for more information on our firm.
Currently, most of our staff are working remotely with the possibility of transitioning back into a physical office later this year. We anticipate that we will continue with a flexible work environment in the future.
We are looking for an individual who is detailed oriented, a strong writer, understands design, and can effectively implement sales and marketing strategies. They are responsible to oversee the following proposal processes:
- Conduct opportunity searches, analyze RFP requirements, guide Go/No Go process
- Lead proposal startup meetings, manage proposal plans, and contribute to winning strategies
- Coordinate assembling proposal teams, delegate tasks, and ensure appropriate level of effort
- Direct and participate in writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed
- Identify and coordinate proposal graphical content and formatting
- Assist with proposal pricing strategies
- Ensure on-time submission of all proposals and qualifications
- Track and follow-up on submitted proposals
- Maintain regular communication with current and prospective clients
- Maintain and update proposal materials and stock content
- Analyze and evaluate proposal metrics
- Continually improve processes and streamline efficiencies in proposal development
- Participate in additional tasks, as appropriate
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing, English, or closely related field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Project management and organizational skills
- A coordination expert with the ability to multi-task, balance short-term deadlines with longer-term initiatives, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a variety of personalities and technical experts
- Ability to think creatively and visually to develop customized presentations
- Client service oriented with aptitude for relationship building, sales, and closing the deal
- Detail-oriented writer and editor comfortable with both technical and sales language
- Able to communicate in a variety of voices including proposals, social, newsletters, and web
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word formatting
Additional Experience Valued or Preferred:
- Experience working with architectural, planning, or engineering firms
- Experience with or working knowledge of cultural resources management, historic preservation, environmental review, planning, and/or interpretation and exhibit design
- Experience responding to Federal solicitations for professional services
- Experience defining scopes of work and estimating project costs
106 Group offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 to $65,000. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please complete our web application and submit it with an attached PDF of your resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills.
106 Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.